Parking & Transportation
At Arrowhead, student safety is a priority. Arrowhead’s Safety Plan includes a policy to help ensure the safety of all students, families, and visitors to the school as they enter or depart from the parking lot.
One of the busiest times of the day on our campus is the arrival and dismissal of over 300 students. Arrowhead staff members monitor student safety and traffic flow during these times. We need YOU to help us keep the students safe and traffic flowing smoothly. We want to stress the need for everyone to pay attention to our student safety patrol and crossing guards, as they direct student and vehicle traffic.
Please take a moment to read and refresh your memory of “Arrowhead’s Parking Lot Guidelines” in order to keep our students safe.
The Speed Limit in the parking lot is 5 mph.
Drop Off/Pick Up Zone
If you would like to drop-off/pick-up your student, we have designated a lane in the parking lot as an unloading/loading zone. This lane is intended to keep the traffic flow moving. This lane is for “unloading/loading only,” do not park and leave your vehicle.
Once you are in the unloading/loading lane:
- Stop the vehicle for students to exit/enter safely.
- Drop off time begins with the arrival of the patrol at 8:45 AM.
- If you are picking up a student after school, remain in your car and form a line along the curb closest to the gym.
- Students are to wait for you in the load/unload area in front of the library.
- When waiting in the load/unload area pull forward to allow other cars to move forward. This allows waiting cars to pull in.
- Do not leave your car unattended in the load/unload area - you must remain in your car!
If you prefer to park your car, please park in designated parking spots. We ask that you use the crosswalks and follow the directions of our crossing guards, as it is their duty to help keep the cross walks safe. Walking between cars creates a highly dangerous environment for small children.
Thank you for working in partnership with us in order to keep our students and staff members safe, as well as the traffic in the parking lot flowing smoothly. We hope you will continue to treat our staff and student safety patrol with respect and kindness as they work to keep the Arrowhead parking lot safe. Remember, all it takes is for one person to not follow the drop off/pick up procedure to snarl the traffic flow. Your cooperation is essential to keeping our students and community members safe.
Parking Lot Flow Map
Enter Parking lot on the North end. Continue to the second row of cars. If you are dropping off or picking up your child(ren) in the pick up line, please proceed close the curb on the South side of row. If you are parking, please continue until you find an open spot. All traffic in the parking travels in one direction.
Arrowhead Elementary is surrounded by many neighborhoods where students come to school walking from home. Northshore School District Transportation typically serves families who live at least one mile away from the school. The NSD Safety and Security Department, along with Transportation has provided a suggested walking path map for those families with students who will be walking to school.
Personal Safety Tips
- Do not walk alone; instead walk in groups of two or more.
- Never get into a vehicle with a stranger, instead fight, shout, scream, kick, bite, run, and tell.
- Never take anything a stranger offers you, do not accept candy, food, or money.
- Do not walk alone in the dark.
- Stay away from isolated places; do not go alone into deserted buildings, empty parking lots or places where there are few people.
- Remain on school grounds during school hours.
- Immediately tell responsible adults about any suspicious activities or people encountered going to or from school and give as many details as possible.
Walking Safety Tips
- Look left, right and left again before crossing the street.
- Always cross at a crosswalk or intersection.
- Obey traffic signals.
- Children younger than 10 years old should be supervised by an adult when around motor vehicles.
- Make sure drivers see you when they are backing out of a driveway.
- Determine the safest route with parents.
More information on personal, walking, and bicycle safety can be found on the
Washington State Department of Transportation site.
Safe Walking Paths to Arrowhead Elementary
When walking to school, please stay on residential streets and stay off of the main streets with heavy traffic. If you need to cross Juanita Drive, please use the light at Juanita Dr. and NE 153rd and obey all traffic signals.
Contact the Transportation Department
- Phone: 425-408-7900
- Fax: 425-408-7902
- Email: email@example.com